Thursday 11 August 2011

Right Place... Right Time

I have been asked how do I manage to get some of the moody landscapes that I shoot, its mostly luck to be honest, and keeping an eye on the weather forecast. I check this several times a day for a couple of days in advance and try and anticipate what the weather will bring as to the light.

This shot being a case in point, for example in the Autumn a still wind with a cold night will bring misty mornings especially in The Lake District, these 2 images were taken on the same morning about 20mins appart


This is Castlerigg Stone Circle near Keswick, the sun had yet to appear over the fells...


Then a quick dash to be beside Derwentwater as I knew that with such a still morning there would be mist over the lake, the red shades had gone from the sun by then but with this shot that didn't matter

Either of these as prints and greetings cards can be purchased from
HERE






 

No comments:

Post a Comment